Join Our Team
CT3’s mission is to transform the quality and culture of education for youth, especially those in underserved communities. Our core values support the work that we know is necessary, possible, and deserved for youth and educators in across the nation.
CT3 is a rapidly growing company improving student outcomes and alleviating educators’ stress. The team at CT3 has considerable expertise helping teachers and school leaders achieve their goals through equity-driven practices.
CT3, The Center for Transformative Teacher Training, was founded in 2009 by acclaimed educators Lee Canter and Dr. Kristyn Klei Borrero. The company emerged in response to the countless requests we received from educators around the country to provide training in our breakthrough model of professional development. Our partnerships with K-12 school districts and charter organizations continue to yield positive and measurable results in the quality of instruction and the success of students.
From our years of research and in the classroom, CT3 saw a better way. A better way to:
- Help teachers and school leaders in underserved communities succeed on day one
- Create culturally relevant environments where life-altering relationships between students and teachers can flourish
- Develop the strengths and talents of teachers through real time coaching
Our professional learning strategies are more than effective, they’re transformative.
CT3 is redefining the nature of professional learning with our unique coaching models that deliver feedback in the moment, known as Real Time Teacher Coaching® and Real Time Leadership Coaching. At the heart of this work is our research-validated method for building positive, engaged classroom cultures, known as the No-Nonsense Nurturer® approach. This pedagogy was born out of observing highly effective teachers across the country and studying what they all had in common.
Everything about the No-Nonsense Nurturer approach is derived from real educators’ practices, except for the name. The name came from a student. When asked to describe the qualities of his most impactful teacher, he said they were a no-nonsense nurturer.
Core Values of CT3
Youth First, Always
CT3 Team Member Benefits
Sense of Belonging
- CT3 operates with a compensation philosophy that aims to remove any space for inequity and disparity in compensation along lines of race, gender and position, by (a) using objective market research to inform salary ranges and (b) committing to pay transparency internally and externally
- Whole-org retreats for connection, learning, and development
- Employee Assistance Program with access to experts in wellness, work/life balance, legal and financial topics, personal assistants and discount programs
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Employee-led Anti-Racism Committee and Culture Committee
- Collective Efficacy
- 10 days of Vacation Leave annually, accrued monthly
- 6 days of Sick Leave annually, awarded at the first of each calendar year
- Health, vision, dental benefits
- Short/long-term disability insurance with basic life insurance
- Employer matching on 401K contributions
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- Most federal holidays honored; team members get two weeks paid time off in December
To support safe, supported, uninterrupted focus on youth during service, CT3 provides:
- Per diems when traveling more than 50 miles from home
- An American Express card for travel expenses (upon approval)
- Limited support for setting up a home office
- Monthly allowance for Personal Protective Equipment and office supplies